They make it all worth it...

They make it all worth it...
B and Camy

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Its Complicated (The movie)

Ive said for quite some time now that our story is going to make one really good movie.  And honestly, it really is one of those stories that movies are made out of.  So Im going to write it down in a blog, in hopes that maybe someday a movie producer will come across it, and eventually write a movie about us.  


Back at the end of 2005, I was well on my way to becoming a college dropout. I was still somewhat strung out over my high school relationship. And I needed a change of pace.   For some reason that I don't really remember, I was introduced to a website called hotornot.com.  At first, I was just doing the rating thing, and then decided, what the hell, why not make a profile.  While my rating wasn't anything fantastic, I did contact a few people via mail and made a couple friendships.  There were two guys that contacted me though that really had me interested. One of them was in an Army uniform with a stupid grin, and the other was a redneck holding a fish.  Two people, completely different, with the same name.  (until recently I didn't know that they have a few stupid little things in common) Anyways, I was in contact with the southern one, via email, and eventually texting.  The Army one, I was in contact with and eventually met up with, because he was a recruiter, and I was strongly considering joining, because I really wanted out of my parents house and out of my hometown.  He and I hit it off, and became really good friends.  I ended up moving into his house in Wamego, while working in Manhattan.  Meanwhile, I was still in contact with the southern version, talking on the phone and via text, and had hung out quite a few times. I thought of him as one of my bestest friends.  I had fallen for this boy.  Hook, line, and sinker.  I was so confused.  He wanted to hang out, and we talked quite a bit, but never really mentioned having any feelings toward me.  I knew he was kinda seeing another girl, but didn't really know where that was at.  And I wasn't comfortable bringing up my feelings for him, just to be shot down.  So I never mentioned anything.  In August, I went to a wedding with the roommate, and we ended up taking our relationship to the next level.  In September, we all hung out together around my birthday.  Feelings about anyone was never mentioned.  At the end of October, I got an IM on yahoo. He had gotten married.  This was news to me, and it hit me like a wrecking ball to the stomach.  But that was just as well, because 2 days later, I found out Army Chris and I were expecting a baby.  That wedding is what did it.  So on November 15, less than a month after he had gotten married, I got married too.  My marriage was rocky to say the least, we still talked every now and then.  My heart always skipped a beat anytime he popped up on my yahoo chat. And he always said "whats up peckerhead". Thats what I was known as.  And while some people would think that it was rude, I found it endearing, and still do.  Time went by, but not a day went by without me thinking about him.  At least once a day, I would do something where I would think of him, or he would cross my mind.  I would wonder what he was doing at that very second, or if he was happy.  When we talked, our relationships weren't really discussed.  I had Camryn, and I knew he had moved to Tennessee.  In April 2010, Batchman and I almost got divorced, I just couldn't take it anymore, but I decided to tough it out.  Little did I know, that at that very same time, Chris and his wife were going thru the same thing and almost separated then too.  Towards the end 2010, Chris and I had talked, and he had told me he was trying to get on the Nashville fire department, and he was fixing to take tests to do that.  I had called to see how he did after.  Still only talked every now and again.  I believe it was about May or so of this year, I got a phone call from him, saying he was going to be in Olathe, (he's  a truck driver too). He called that night, from Olathe, 10 minutes from my house.  I couldn't bring myself to go see him in person.  I was so scared that all the feelings I had pushed to the side for 5 years would come rushing back.  So I talked to him on the phone, but never went and saw him.  The phone calls came more regular then, and came on an almost everyday basis.  I told him everything that was goin on in my life, how miserable I was and that I was getting separated because I couldn't do it anymore.  Then one night, he called and he was going to be in Kansas City.  It was late, and my friend Shelly, who was living with me at the time, kept at me about going to see him.  So I did.  I drove and hour, got lost once, and went to see him.  And, as soon as I walked up to his truck, it all came back, just like I was scared would happen.  And then, I got the hug.  And the rest of the night was just a blur.  I remember laying there, talking about everything, catching up, and just being truly happy for 5 hours, that I didn't want to ever end.  We talked everyday, sometimes all day, after that. I still didn't really know what was going on with him. Eventually, one day he finally told me that his marriage wasn't all roses, and he wasn't really happy. I still at that point had not told him how I really felt.  But one night, with the help of a little alcohol, he set up the opportunity for me to come clean. The next morning, I told him that I had fallen for him a long time ago, and I wasn't looking to get hurt again. He didn't have a clue that I had felt that way, and eventually came to say that he too had fallen for me, but didn't want to interfere with the relationship Batchman and I had.   The next time I went and saw him, I brought Camryn with me.  It took her awhile to warm up to him, but once she did, she loved him.  The next time, I brought both kids with me, and Bradyn liked him too.  He, by that point, had made up his mind that he wanted out of his marriage, and she moved out in the middle of August.  Also in August, Batchman decided that it would be a good idea to introduce his kids to a girl that he met off a craigslist ad, which had me slightly  more than riled up, and I made the decision on a Friday night that the kids and I were moving to Tennessee. (I might need to add that Chris had already mentioned that he had a place for me and the kids if and when I wanted it) The following Saturday, I had packed the entire house, and the kids, and we were moving to Tennessee.  The entire trip here, I was over thinking, wondering if I was making a huge mistake, rushing things.  But when I pulled and finally got here, all it took was one smile, and I knew we were right where we belong.  Rushing things? Probably a little, but we have waited a long time for this kind of happiness, and we have "wasted" a lot of time. 


So we are almost 2 months into this, and honestly I have never been happier.  I can't wait to see where this will go.  I have high hope for the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment